
For centuries long before the 21st century women had to put up with minimum rights if any, which met whatever the men said they did obediently. By examining the political cartoon it is clear that the women has bare minimum rights, and is forced to work towards her own happiness. Now times have changed, for an instance Anne Bradstreet a famous puritan writer got published, and that was something that never would have happen, due to the preposterous bare minimum rights women had. Also the woman in the political cartoon is in pursuit of happiness and liberty, which isn’t generally something people do in chains. Therefore, times have defiantly changed and people have realized that women deserve the same rights as men, much like today’s society is now
A woman, her love,that is what impressed me. “To My Dear and Loving Husband” is the poem that which impressed me the most. Within the poem “To My Dear and Loving”, Anne Bradstreet expresses her love for her husband and her faith for him. Although the poem has a slight desperation to it, you can tell her love for him is pure, and she’s fearful of losing him.
Thesis:
Through the use of paradox, hyperbolic metaphor and diction in “To My Dear and Loving husband”, Anne Bradstreet conveys genuine emotion as she struggles with the security of puritan doctrine alongside the insecurity of human need for reassurance of love.
You don't realise how much I need you.Love you all the time and never leave you.Please come on back to me. I'm lonely as can be. I need you.Said you had a thing or two to tell me. How was I to know you would upset me?I didn't realise as I looked in your eyes...You told me.Oh yes, you told me, you don't want my lovin' anymore.That's when it hurt me. And feeling like this, I just can't go on anymore.Please remember how I feel about you, I could never really live without you. So, come on back and see just what you mean to me. I need you.But when you told me, you don't want my lovin' anymore.That's when it hurt me. And feeling like this, I just can't go on anymore.Please remember how I feel about you. I could never really live without you. So, come on back and see just what you mean to me. I need you. I need you. I need you.
Using this song it is evident to why this is a wise song displaying Anne Bradstreet’s love. “You don't realise how much I need you.Love you all the time and never leave you.Please come on back to me. I'm lonely as can be. I need you.” Within these specific lyrics, you can tell how much Anne Bradstreet loves her husband, and fears losing his love.
Tuesday, September 8, 2009
Anne Bradstreet
Posted by What Is An American at 6:44 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

0 comments:
Post a Comment